Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What makes it worth it

This evening I had one of the most memorable moments in my life. Amongst the chaos of kids losing book bags, tuna surprise dinner, and every other challenge which encompasses a typical Tuesday...one of my boys, a boy I have grown to love and care for, as well as occasionally want to hang by his toes in frustration, accepted Christ. He has always been one of those kids who just knew the right "Bible" answers but today he really got it. A light bulb went on :) our children's pastor at my after-school program site gave a Bible lesson and afterwards encouraged the kids to ask questions if they had them and he did. I almost cried when he told me! He got a huge hug. When his mom came in and he told her his news she instantly started crying. Now this is a woman I've come to admire. She loves these boys and she loves God with all she has! There's not a day that goes by that she doesn't come in to pick up her boys sharing just how good God is and how much she owes to him. And today I saw her love even more! She cried and gave all of us staff huge hugs of joy and thanks. And it was then that she said she has been praying so hard for her boys to know Christ and that is what we are there for...to show those kids Christ's love! I will never forget this night. This is why I do what I do! Today I got a little brother! And I love him very much!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!!!! That's how I felt the night you discovered it too!!!!! It's good :D

    ReplyDelete